Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Follow us on Twitter @2CLumi.

Welcome to Second Chances: the LUMI Mega-Site. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls, participating in chat etc.

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Bryan Dattilo on recurring
Topic Started: Sunday Apr 28 2013, 03:25 PM (1,599 Views)
Lusa
Lumi Sophmore
I read on
http://talk.soapoperafan.com/lumis/
they are saying that Bryan Dattilo has been put on recurring and has been sence Feb:
they say that the show is taped 4 months ahead and thats why it has not been said yet by SOD or NBC ?
I have not seen this anywhere but on that one board,,, so do anyone else know if this is true??/////

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

luvinglumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Love ♥
The managers here said it publicly about 2 weeks ago, we've known since Feb. the show doesn't make it a habit of discussing contract terms. It's true. If you want to see more of Bryan and you wonder what you can do, simply tweet your support of HIM and write the show, call the comment line. That's it.... Every time he's on post on boards and say how much you miss lucas and you'd like to see more of him. That and pray for new writers, lol
Posted Image

Norma
Member Avatar
Keeper of the Clips
Yes, Bryan told me back in February. I told the other managers here, and then we kept it quiet because life for Lumi fans was already miserable enough with the rapemi nonsense. I despise making rapemi trolls happy and wish their computers, tablets and smart phones would all self-combust, giving us a rapemi-free online existence.

As for NBC not mentioning it, it's their policy to not comment on contract status (which most longterm fans will recall from over the years).
Thanks for nearly 22 years of memories, Ali!

Posted Image

To what was lost... to what was found... to what will always be..." ~ Jack Deveraux

Infinite Days - a new board for fans of Days of our Lives - come join us today!

Lusa
Lumi Sophmore
Im sick of the unfair treatment NBC/Days show their vets,they are the ones that maded this show,Bry is a fine actor and charecter.

WowItsJustine
Member Avatar
Lumi Sophmore
Unbelieveable.And then they wonder why the long time viewers are abandoning this show in droves.

Norma
Member Avatar
Keeper of the Clips
Oh they want to get rid of the longtime viewers. Longtime fans want to see the vets and newer fans don't care. Vets cost more money. Newbies are cheap.
The fans of the newer characters should keep in mind thought that eventually their faves will be no longer considered new, and will be subject to the same treatment. NBC should keep in mind that most of the longtime fans inherited their viewing habits from previous longtime viewers. Now that that cycle is broken, there will be far fewer new viewers to attract.
Thanks for nearly 22 years of memories, Ali!

Posted Image

To what was lost... to what was found... to what will always be..." ~ Jack Deveraux

Infinite Days - a new board for fans of Days of our Lives - come join us today!

jtsahottie
Member Avatar
Lumi Masters
I hope that at some point this show will catch a clue but Im very doubtful.
Norma
Sunday Apr 28 2013, 05:32 PM
Oh they want to get rid of the longtime viewers. Longtime fans want to see the vets and newer fans don't care. Vets cost more money. Newbies are cheap.
The fans of the newer characters should keep in mind thought that eventually their faves will be no longer considered new, and will be subject to the same treatment. NBC should keep in mind that most of the longtime fans inherited their viewing habits from previous longtime viewers. Now that that cycle is broken, there will be far fewer new viewers to attract.
And what I think TIIC don't understand is that most people that watch soaps are people that have been watching them for years. Its my opinion that on average the younger viewers are no younger than 25. Thats just from people I know that watch soaps... their younger children and my younger cousins. So those people have been watching for at least a decade when most of the vets still got lots of story and were popular.
Edited by jtsahottie, Sunday Apr 28 2013, 07:31 PM.

luvinglumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Love ♥
Jason opened up a thread at DR about it and let me just say that people are NOT happy about this one bit....not that any sane minded individual would be....but I truly think that people are seeing that this is a bigger problem at NBC/Days than just a Lucas issue.

http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/8807988/1/#new
Edited by luvinglumi, Sunday Apr 28 2013, 10:05 PM.
Posted Image

Luv_Springtime
Member Avatar
Lumi Sophmore
Lusa
Sunday Apr 28 2013, 04:16 PM
Im sick of the unfair treatment NBC/Days show their vets,they are the ones that maded this show,Bry is a fine actor and charecter.
This makes me sick. Bryan deserves better than he has been treated. I will be a Bryan Dattilo always. But Days doesn't want the long time viewers. They made it clear they don't care about us. They only want the young viewer. :shake: I will not watch days anymore. :cry: I have been watching since the late 60's but there's nothing left for me on Days, if Bryan is on I will catch it on youtube. I will continue tweet and writing tptb about Bryan. I hope Bryan knows how much his fans care about him.
I want more Lucas on Days

hfce
Lumi Junior
I wish Bryan could leave and join either AMC or OLTL. I am sure he can fit somewhere on there. Especially with the new schedule of 5 weeks on and 5 weeks off.

preschoolteacher29
Member Avatar
Lumi Senior
Days needs better writers and better story lines with lucas as front story line

docandjohn4ever
Member Avatar
Lumi Freshman
jtsahottie
Sunday Apr 28 2013, 07:28 PM
Norma
Sunday Apr 28 2013, 05:32 PM
And what I think TIIC don't understand is that most people that watch soaps are people that have been watching them for years. Its my opinion that on average the younger viewers are no younger than 25. Thats just from people I know that watch soaps... their younger children and my younger cousins. So those people have been watching for at least a decade when most of the vets still got lots of story and were popular.
I'm younger than 25, but I do see your point most people younger than that have no interest in soaps (I know none of my friends do lol) yet tiic are still trying to appeal to them... it makes no sense... most people get into soaps because someone they know watched it and got them hooked, my mom and friend got me into the show when I was young so I grew up watching the vets and rooting for them, they are who I want to see... I think its sad the way this show is treating its vets right now... most of them have dedicated more than half their life to this show and this is how they treat them?? actors have left because they didn't like the direction the show was going in and we have actors now begging for support on twitter, it's totally unfair, not everybody watches for the couples they are constantly shoving down our throats now.. I think Days is making a huge mistake by alienating their longtime fans, fan bases, and veteran actors and its only a matter of time before it comes back and bites them

I think Bryan is an amazing actor and he deserves to have a storyline of his own.. I'm really disappointed in how they've written this whole wabi storyline...It kind of seems (to me at least) that they're treating Lucas as an after thought in his own sons storyline and making the whole storyline about sami and her rapist
Posted Image

"I believe that our audience tunes in to see if their couple will fall in love, people don't tune in to see evil guys and tawdry triangles. People want to see that when he looks in her eyes she could die, and when she looks into his eyes he will do anything for her love"- Ken Corday (1990)

asiadays
Member Avatar
Lumi Sophmore
docandjohn4ever
Saturday May 4 2013, 02:52 AM
jtsahottie
Sunday Apr 28 2013, 07:28 PM

Quoting limited to 2 levels deeptheir
I'm younger than 25, but I do see your point most people younger than that have no interest in soaps (I know none of my friends do lol) yet tiic are still trying to appeal to them... it makes no sense... most people get into soaps because someone they know watched it and got them hooked, my mom and friend got me into the show when I was young so I grew up watching the vets and rooting for them, they are who I want to see... I think its sad the way this show is treating its vets right now... most of them have dedicated more than half their life to this show and this is how they treat them?? actors have left because they didn't like the direction the show was going in and we have actors now begging for support on twitter, it's totally unfair, not everybody watches for the couples they are constantly shoving down our throats now.. I think Days is making a huge mistake by alienating their longtime fans, fan bases, and veteran actors and its only a matter of time before it comes back and bites them

I think Bryan is an amazing actor and he deserves to have a storyline of his own.. I'm really disappointed in how they've written this whole wabi storyline...It kind of seems (to me at least) that they're treating Lucas as an after thought in his own sons storyline and making the whole storyline about sami and her rapist
I absolutely agree with you! Its sad that they don't even understand how awful the show has been and what the fans want. Seriously, I hate how this show has become. I grew up watching days in the 90's because of my grandmother and my mom. I miss those kind of days it was fun to watch.

Bryan is good actor and deserves a storyline. It really unfair the garbage being shown everyday. Time for days to get a makeover asap!!
There's no denying true love when you see it because not only can I see it, I feel it!!

"Honey, it's always been you. I mean, I know our life's been kind of crazy together. It's been one hell of a roller-coaster ride ever since we met, but I never stopped loving you, never."

Lucas is awesome
Member Avatar
Lumi Ph.D.
Thats true Sami's not with her one true love right now but she should be and she should be chasing him and not stop doing so wanting to work things out with him and not leave Lucas alone where she doesn't.

I say make this all part of dream where the phoney fraud is dreaming all this up but is still in the hospital ready to die and the shot to the head or him being burned alive did do damage and is about to do him in where he does wind up dying and stays dead this time around for good this time since Sami shot him in the head and that shot or being burned alive does him in.

Second scenario have this be an imposter Sami where the real one is locked up somewhere where she busts out of her cell ready to fight her imposter where she doesn't have the pink stripe in her hair but her imposter does that way you can tell which Sami is the real one and which one is the fake and Sami gets into a major fight and wins against her imposter for Sami the real one of course not the imposter is still true to Lucas and never cheated on him and knows Lucas is her one true love and she hates her double and she hates the phoney that raped her as well and she ready to tear her phoney imposter's hair out and ready to kill her on the spot and rip her to shreds and does and knocks her imposter out with one punch for putting her kids in danger as well and for what she did to Lucas also.

Raff doesn't get hurt that will make certain writer happy as well and the jerk is dreaming this all up while hes in a coma this whole time and is ready to die for real this time and will not get what he wants since hes not Stefano's 16 year old son and never has been from the start and none of this comes to light and Sami is still with Lucas happily married to Lucas and all four of the kids are Lucas.

Also I agree that the focus needs to be put back on Lucas and Sami both becoming grandparents to Gabi's baby none of this other stuff needed to be thrown in and have Will be the schemer he once was trying to help bring his parents together with him and Allie scheming together to bring Lucas and Sami together as much as possible where their alone together where Will and Allie and have Johnny and the other kids be in on this too to bring them together for that would be a really cute scenario all the kids working together in a scheme of their own to bring Lucas and Sami together.

Lucas and Sami are happy and are are still together and this other fraud whos not Stefano's 16 year old son who's going to try and rob Stefano blind where he won't be doing that at all since Stefano will take care of that problem himself where he eliminates the jerk himself and takes back whats his and makes this imposter pay has all the evidence turn up of his crimes against him since this fraud is not his son and never was his son from the start.

Stefano needs to regain order and stop this phoney who's not his son from robbing him blind and he needs to be stopped now for Stefano needs to get back in the game and take back whats rightfully his. For I doubt this phoney has legel grounds to do anything anyway since Stefano has an iron clad lock on this where noone can take his company or rob him blind where the contract is iron clad and binding as well.

Hes not Stefano's real son for the real one is still 16 and this phoney won't be getting far and Stefano will have him rubbed out and murdered where we will never see him again where he stays perminently dead with no return this time around.

Lucas and Sami's lovestory is the best they got the best scenes and their still theirs is the ultimate lovestory their are still the most hottest,most sexiest,and one of the most funnest couples days has and the show needs them and needs their lovestory to survive which is why they need to be written for all the time and need to be back front and center where they belong along with the other vet couples as well with a story together getting more love and romance then before.

Edited by Lucas is awesome, Monday May 6 2013, 07:02 AM.

jtsahottie
Member Avatar
Lumi Masters
Thats what I was saying unless you've grown up watching most soaps than your most likely not gonna find time to watch them.

alistaircrane

I am really disappointed by this, but not surprised. Nothing this current "Tomsell" regime does surprises me. They are all about alienating long-time viewers in a vain attempt to court the "new", "younger" viewer.

I grew up on Days. For me, 1993-97 were Days' glory days. My favourite couples dominated the show: Carrie/Austin, John/Marlena, Bo/Hope...Sami and Lucas weren't technically together in a romantic sense, but they were partners in crime during that era.

I stopped watching in 2001 due to poor writing but came back in 2003 for the Salem Stalker story. Now that was the last time Days was truly entertaining must-see tv. I quit again in 2004 when my faves (Marlena, Jack, Victor) were presumed dead AGAIN and held captive in the castle. I came back again in 2005 when Carrie and Austin returned and stayed until they left in 2006.

I missed the Sheffer era and Lumi's first official wedding, but I'm glad I missed it because it was tainted by the whole EJ nonsense.

Finally, I came back full time in 2011 when Carrie, Austin, Marlena, John and Jack returned to the show. Later, I was extremely happy when Lucas and Billie returned.

I liked that Sami and Lucas were reunited last year, although the story wasn't particularly dramatic.

I thought I would like McPherson and Thomas as head writers because they were proteges of the late, great James E. Reilly, but I was wrong. They spent their entire tenure (10 MONTHS!) trying to break up my favourite couple, Carrie and Austin. They also dissolved the marriages of John/Marlena and Bo/Hope, and they brought about the whole grief sex disaster.

Unfortunately, my favourite characters exited with MarDar, and so did I. At least they gave Carrie and Austin a baby, but was it worth months of Rafe trying to break them up? And nothing was more insulting than killing off Jack, played by the wonderfully talented Matt Ashford, so Jennifer and Daniel's horrid pairing could be revisited.

Now look at things. Billie is gone and Lucas is on recurring. While MarDar sucked as writers as far as I'm concerned, at least they brought back the right characters. I haven't watched Days since last July, and I certainly won't start watching now. Who wants to watch ***** and Dannifer? Certainly not me. And while I love Eileen Davidson, I want to see her play Susan more than Kristen.

P.S. I also can't believe how they broke up Patch and Kayla, and off-screen no less! So damn insulting!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · Spoiled Rotten · Next Topic »
Add Reply